High School Program
4 Week Virtual Training | June 29 – July 22, 2021
The application process has 2 parts. Part 1 - contact and demographic info and Part 2 - a prompt you can answer in a variety of mediums. Running Start must have both parts for the application to be complete and ready for consideration.
Please look over the whole application first so that you can fill out the entire application at once, including uploading a photo of yourself and your response to Part 2.
Part 2 asks you to answer the question "What problem would you solve if you ran for office, and what is your personal connection to this issue?" Part two answers can be very short written, video, voice recording, visual, screenshots of social media posts, etc. and will be uploaded to a Dropbox folder.
- Featured Speakers & Sample Agenda
- 2 sessions per week with all participants.
- Each session will be 30-90 minutes long. All sessions will be "live," but will be recorded for those who cannot join.
- 2-3 sessions per week with your small campaign team where you will do a program-long campaign simulation.
- One-on-one mentoring with High School Program alum.
- Weekly media training in small groups with renowned media experts.
- Weekly individual meetings with your program mentor.
The High School Program fee is $2,000 and scholarships are available to those with financial need. The program fee should not be a barrier to any applicant as more than half of all participants receive scholarships.
speakers, trainers and mentors
young women from across the country
“Diverse community of politically ambitious women helped me see myself as a candidate. It makes me optimistic about our country’s future.”
Rana Abdelhamid | Founder of MALIKAH & High School Program Alum